Section 5-2A Accompanying Files
The folder \Sec5-2AFiles\Normative Materials contains the following electronic files for use with the Building Thermal Envelope and Fabric Load tests of Sections 5.2.1, 5.2.2 and 5.2.3:
725650TY.CSV: TMY3 weather data for Denver International Airport, Denver, Colorado -- the weather data file to be used. The format of Typical Meteorological Year, version 3 (TMY3) data is described in Normative Annex A1 of the Standard.
- Informative Note: .csv denotes comma-separated values.
Sec5-2Aout.XLSX: Spreadsheet Standard Output Report for entering results. Instructions for the Standard Output Reports are included in Normative Annex A2 of the Standard. Workbook tabs apply as follows:
- “A”: Primary output template, see instructions beginning in Cell A6
- “TMPBIN”: Case 900FF bin frequency output post-processor as specified in Section 18.104.22.168.1.2, see instructions beginning in Cell B1.
- S140outNotes.TXT: Standard Output Report for entering modeling notes. Instructions for the Standard Output Reports are included in Normative Annex A2 of the Standard. See S140outNotes_Examples.TXT (in the corresponding “\Informative Materials” subfolder) for example modeling notes.
- Informative Note: Changes to S140outNotes.TXT since the Standard 140-2017 version are indicated in Informative-S140outNotes-txt-edits-140-2017-A.PDF.
The folder \Sec5-2AFiles\Informative Materials contains the following electronic files for use with the Building Thermal Envelope and Fabric Load tests of Sections 5.2.1, 5.2.2 and 5.2.3:
- Case600-W7-DblPaneClr-ID23.TXT: Window 7 Glazing System output report for double-pane clear window (specified for Case 600)
- Case660-W7-DblPaneLowE-ID36.TXT: Window 7 Glazing System output report for double-pane low-emissivity window (specified for Case 660)
- Case670-W7-SglPane-ID15.TXT: Window 7 Glazing System output report for single-pane window (specified for Case 670) Tsky-Informative.XLSX: Workbook containing supplementary calculated hourly sky temperature data for programs that may need it. See discussion included in the informative note with Annex A1, Section A22.214.171.124. Workbook tabs apply as follows:
- “Informative-Tsky”: Hourly sky temperature data are in column D; hourly weather file date and time are in columns A and B, respectively
- “Supporting-Tsky-Calcs”: Supporting calculations for the algorithm applied to develop the sky temperatures, along with comparison to two other algorithms; see calculation documentation beginning in Cell AK5.
- RESULTS5-2A.PDF: File with the example results as described in Informative Annex B8, Section B8.1 of the Standard.
- RESULTS5-2A.XLSX: Workbook containing the example results indicated in Informative Annex B8, Section B8.1 of the Standard. New results can be added to this file and will be automatically included in the summary tables and figures to facilitate comparison with the example results. Navigation instructions for this file are provided in Informative Annex B10 (also see accompanying file RESULTS5-2A.DOCX).
- RESULTS5-2A.DOCX: Navigation instructions for RESULTS5-2A.XLSX.
S140outNotes_Examples.TXT: Example modeling notes.
- Changes to S140outNotes_Examples.TXT since the Standard 140-2017 version are indicated in S140outNotes_Examples-txt-edits-140-2017-A.PDF
- ChangesSummary-140-2017-A.PDF: Summary documentation of changes to the test specification of Sections 5.2.1, 5.2.2, and 5.2.3 and related sections and annexes of Standard 140-2017, Addendum a, organized sequentially by section.
- Std-140-2017-A-Informative-EditTracked.PDF: Marked revisions of all changes to the test specification of Sections 5.2.1, 5.2.2, and 5.2.3 and related sections and annexes of Standard 140-2017, Addendum a.
The subfolder \InputFiles5-2A contains input files for the ASHRAE SSPC 140 Building Thermal Fabric Working Group participant results listed in Informative Annex B8, Section B8.1.
README-BEFORE-VIEWING-INPUT-FILES.DOCX: Review this file before opening the input files.
The following lower-tier subfolders contain input files used for the listed simulation program’s example results:
- Subfolder: Simulation Program
- \BSIMAC: BSIMAC, Version 9.0.74
- \CSE: California Simulation Engine, Version 0.861.1
- \DeST: DeST 2.0, Version 20190401
- \EnergyPlus: EnergyPlus, Version 9.0.1
- \ESP-r: ESP-r, Version 13.3
- \TRNSYS: TRNSYS, Version 18.01.0001